Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fishing in a Small Pond

Why don't they bite? It is all about excuses, isn't it? The wrong bait, the fish want something else, it's the wrong time, the weather is lousy, it's a bad location, ad nauseam.

Since returning from CA, I have contacted the editor of the newspaper concerning my wine article, have stopped in to visit with the caterer/food speciality shop owner and even approached a neighbor that just purchased a gas station/liquor store/campground. They are too busy right now and there is no space for an article. Blah, blah, blah....

Fear of the unknown. We all suffer with this ailment from time to time. But fear is so paralyzing! I realize that most of this comes from living in a small community with limited exposure. We get so comfortable with the everyday routine.

I haven't been fishing long, but I am about ready to move on.