Once called the Purple People Eaters, The Minnesota Vikings recently faced the potential loss of Kevin and Pat Williams to suspension for illegal substances.
Although my hubby doesn't bleed purple, he wants to be passionate and excited about one of this state's professional sports teams.
With summer over, there are no longer any Twins baseball games to listen to as he fishes for muskies. And the Timberwolves loss to the Nets on Friday night was so frustrating, he wonders how much longer the Wolves have to "live".
Lately, I have been consuming more wine than being consumed by my passion for wine writing.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."- Mark Twain
Think about your potential passion as you ask yourself the following questions. Check the statements below that are true for you.
1. ____ I lose track of time when I'm engaged in this activity.
2. ____ I perform beyond my normal capabilities when I'm engaged in this activity.
3. ____ My energy level is higher when I'm engaged in this activity.
4. ____ I get excited when I think of this activity.
5. ____ I dream about this activity.
6. ____ My enthusiasm for this activity is consistent over time.
7. ____ I feel more confident or empowered when I'm engaged in this activity.
8. ____ Others notice me based on my involvement or performance in this activity.
9. ____ Others rally around me or want to be involved with me in this activity.
10. ___ I feel energized after engaging in this activity.
Scoring: Give yourself one point for each statement you marked true. Then read on to learn where you stand.0-2 This activity is not a passion.3-5 This activity is an interest.6-8 This activity is a potential passion and should be re-evaluated after further investigation.9-10 This activity is definitely a passion. You should take further action to determine how to incorporate it into your life on a regular basis.
Re-fuel your passions!