Thursday, April 12, 2007

Don't Let Life "Crush" your Wine Dreams

I don't know about you, but there hasn't been a journey that I have taken that did not have a few glitches or speed bumps threatening to knock me off track. They used to send me into a tailspin, wishing that just for once, everything would be "perfect". Then I realized that some of the unexpected events were serendipitous. If I focused less on the change in my plans and more on the new opportunity the change presented, I was less frustrated and more open to the adventure. And what is "perfect", anyway?

This wine journey is no different than any of those others. Take my meeting on Tuesday, please. Not to generalize, but narrow minded, small town businessmen avoid change at any cost. After all, they have been doing it "their" way for _____ years. Now is probably a good time to mention that "we have always done it this way" is my least favorite phrase.

There comes a time when you need to embrace the facts of life. It is more than just death and taxes, but change that is inevitable. And change is a lot more fun than the other two, hands down. So, this speed bump won't stop me, my thumb is still out, looking for that next ride.

I think that deserves a toast, so raise your glass and repeat after me.

"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."